Tuesday, November 13, 2007

cinnamon angst

so here's the deal - now that i'm older, i am beginning to feel older, and quite possibly look older.

sure, i've got my woman body and i'm very comfortable with that, and yes, i have earned every laugh line i have (i think i had laugh lines at age 10 but seriously, isn't it better to have them than not?), but i have an aging thing that is quite unique, i think, to the strawberry contingent on the planet.

i think my hair is getting lighter and a little bit less red which is TERRIFYING. here's the history - i once met a friend of my grandma's who had pink hair. as in "i used to have red hair and now i don't because i'm old and it's pink". no shit. and she was really lovely and i really liked her, but she also served as the totem of the horrors of crimson fire aging.

so, with that image burned in my mind - it didn't help that she was in florida and wore outrageous sweatsuits all the time - we come to this fall where i am posting all of my pics of my travels and i notice in the self-portrait of me in front of a mountain in the kootenays that my hair looks a little less red. maybe it's the light, i think.

but then i hang out with my friend adam who is also a redhead, who now is strawberry blond since he's just past the big 4- 0. this is a man who had deep red hair, who is now strawberry (he likes to call it cinnamon sugar instead of strawberry). and then i go back to the picture, and think, "those ain't my highlights talking".

and then to top it all off, nicole kidman has to go and get a lot of press and ends up looking like this. look at it closely - she is GREY. with strawberry at the bottom.

is THIS what's waiting for me (without the botox freeze face and an effed up marriage to xenu himself and then another weird marriage to a fellow aussie who always has his shirt open and has more highlights than me)????

anyhoo - take note. get pics of the red because it's going down soon.

No comments: