Monday, September 17, 2007

ah, technology

below is a pic of my niece's and my mad hatter tea-party (literally, actually, we were both wearing our new hats).
man, webcams and skype are cool. i have to get some books so i can read some bedtime stories to her.
at the end of our conversation, isa said "i miss jess" and then my heart shattered into a gazillion pieces. don't worry - i taped it back together and went and had an amazing crab dinner (fresh from the docks) with liz and her sweetheart, eric.



so, it's september and the gargantuan maple leaves are falling already and it's time to start bundling up for fall. the past couple of weekends have been fun - visiting, visiting and more visiting. lots of ups and downs - mostly ups - and tons of work at work. things are shaping up quite nicely. so nicely, in fact, that i don't have too much to process (at least publicly) and the piazza of my blog has been quite empty and void of traffic.

i think that's all for tonight - i just wanted to check in. and now i have to go to bed early in order to avoid the frantic wake-up i had this morning after dozing through 2 alarms. impressively, i still made it work on time. asleep - but on time.

in other impressive news, tonight i got my elbow stand for the first time in front of my teacher. a proud moment which had been accomplished in private, but it was still really nice for my teacher to come hug me on the shoulders and tell me i've come a long way.

2 comments:

Julia said...

yaaaaah for shoulder stands!!

woot woot!

jess said...

elbow stands.... shoulder stands are soooooo passe