Monday, September 24, 2007

acute monday-itis

oy.

after a great weekend of drinking my face off on friday, moving hay bales and watching british murder mysteries starring mr. mrow on saturday, then restoring a creek on sunday, i came home and found out that my grandad fell and broke his hip and is now awaiting surgery on tuesday or wednesday.

i had a good sleep and went to work where i realized that i only have a week until i go away for the first 5 days of october and then the craziness really begins with thanksgiving as part of 4 days off, 7 days away, 4 days home, 6 days gone and then home for good.

when i got to work, i scalded myself with the steamer - think soy milk and steam EVERYWHERE - and then the office ran out of coffee. then i emptied the dishwasher because it said it was clean and realized it was dirty, so i loaded it up again only to have co-workers to discover dirty dishes in the cupboard because i hadn't grabbed those. then i sat through a 2 hour strategic planning meeting which gave me a headache and then had another meeting in the same room in the afternoon. and then i got a ride home with my crazy co-worker, which was nice, but she's a little crazy and i would almost rather have taken the skytrain to recover from my monday-itis.

i'm going to the doctor tonight about my wrist but i think i'm going to complain about my monday-itis instead. but, knowing my doctor, she'll make me make another appointment to talk about it since she wants as many dollar bills as she can get.

oh, and my ipod crapped out.

thus ends my glass half empty rant.

here's the glass half full (can i do it?):
i saw my friends from t.o. on friday and it was FUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN. (too much fun - please refer to glass half empty rant - specifically the part about the hangover).
i had a great time in chilliwack and didn't even have to use the directions this time, so it felt like going home.
it didn't rain all weekend, and it was the perfect fall weekend.
i'm a temporary resident of swoonsville and that's all i'm gonna say.

those mamas and papas were right - monday, monday, can't trust that day. i think i'm gonna go drown my sorrows in some denny, john, michelle and some big ol' mama cass.

No comments: