Monday, January 14, 2008

addendum

cutest thing ever. i went to my yoga class tonight and came home with groceries in hand. i opened my door and found a scrawled note under the door in the front hall. the note was from my upstairs neighbour and said that her magazine was blown out of her bathroom window (i did not ask about logistics) and was resting on my bathroom window ledge, and could she have it back please?

i went to the bathroom and opened the window and gently eased her mag off the window sill and realized that i was holding a copy of the latest new yorker, and i had this sudden wave of compassion. it was folded in half open to one of the main articles and she was obviously in the middle of it (and potentially on the loo) when the wind swept it away, leaving her completely half-satisfied.

so i ran upstairs, introduced myself and told her never to apologize about it if it were to happen again, since i am also a new yorker reader and understand what she must have gone through for 2 agonizing hours staring down at her magazine on the ledge.

funny thing too was that i totally recognized the typeface through my window.

No comments: