Sunday, July 8, 2007

last day of freedom

uh oh.

starting tomorrow, i'm back in the land of the working. back in the realm of wake up early, make my lunch, try to get everything together, pack up my bag, leave my house, go back to my house because inevitably, i forgot something, then go to work.

i have to admit, i am excited about it. about having something to do, and having some more motivation about getting things done, but i am also not excited about getting up early and getting on the skytrain. i am also, in true girly style, more concerned about my wardrobe than about my actual ability to do the job. so today, i'm going shoe shopping since i will actually have a workplace where i can't wear my flip flops to work (correction: my $5 Old Navy flip flops - i might get some nicer leather ones).
argh - i hate being so materialistic, but i am recognizing this as an opportunity to build my wardrobe and get some appropriate clothes.

i am living my mom's dream for me - i have finally found a job where i sit in an office and work and have to wear professional clothes. i think this is the universe's birthday gift to my mom. really, it's her birthday today. and she is the best mom EVER. (i know some other contenders for "best mom ever" but hey, she's my mom and hence the best.)

No comments: