Monday, June 11, 2007

annals of the unemployed

soooo
it's been a while, a long while, since i posted which coincidentally corresponds exactly to when i finished my job. (ok, i finished 5 days later).

being unemployed is good. just stressful in the long stretch of days and the push/pull effect of looking for a job (i.e. wavering between, "wow! i love being unemployed and not having anything to do" and "wow! if i don't get out of my apartment sometime soon i will kill someone, most likely myself". not good.)

since becoming a freebird, i had a lovely time of intense decompression. think lots of movie-watching, quilt-making, frantic making of lists of things i would do while unemployed, frantic unmaking of lists since i was unemployed, goddammit, and didn't want/need lists to propel my day, and finally, lots of sleeping.

then i had the best family visit ever in windsor and just hung out with my mom, my niece, my bro and sister-in-law and my grandparents. it was amazing.

then i came back to vancouver and got the blues. i missed my family and finally clued into the fact that i was not on vacation, that i need a job to pay those dastardly things called bills and then i got angry. the org i used to work for owes me money which they have still to pay (which infuriates me) and i also had shit to do which i wasn't doing. and i got angry at myself for being angry at myself which is nice and circular and always productive. so i gave that up, although it comes back in waves, and i decided to exercise. i've been deep into my yoga practice and i've also been swimming in preparation for a race that i haven't registered for yet, but which i imagine i am in every time i get in the pool and mentally pummel the other swimmers while they happily do their lengths.

i've also had the bestest visitors since i've been unemployed - janet and chachi came and alice is coming in only two sleeps. it's nice that they've been here and it's nice too that i have nothing but time for them. oh and fine hospitality - i have that too. and my friends rock. but a lot of them work although i've been promoting the "freedom 28" lifestyle to anyone that can afford it.

that's all. i doubt anyone reads this thing anymore but i will persist since i have the time.

No comments: