Saturday, February 3, 2007

some like it raw

oh my my.

i just came back from a hectic day of yoga, errands and then a raw food class at my yoga studio (ok, not my yoga studio, but the yoga studio that i go to). the yoga class this morning was amazing - tons of backbends which leave you loving the world and goofily grinning like a cheshire cat for the next hour or so.

then off to the vet to buy some raw-some food for my pup and then off to burnaby to pick up my (well, nan's) fully serviced singer sewing machine. and back to the yoga studio for the class which was..... AMAZING. we had carrot and coconut milk soup with chopped veggies, salad with orange juicy dressing, pasta made from raw zucchini, and then the piece de resistance, papaya pudding.

people, let me help you out here.... feeling blue? feeling great? it don't matter how you're feeling cuz once you slap a papaya and a couple of dollops of coconut oil in a blender, mix it up and shove it in your pie-hole, then you will feel enlightened, satisfied and most of all, blissed out.

come valentine's day, i think someone special will be receiving a valentine. that's right: mr. papaya pudding.
i love you. you're sweet. and you are so good to me (and for me). how did i live my life without you? yours, for eternity, jess xo

turn those blenders on people and make mr. papaya pudding the sexiest man alive for 2007.


now.

p.s. oh, and my grandma called and we had a great conversation. she's going to send me a manual on how to train my mutt. who at this moment is doing her creepy "paws on the sill staring" thing. off for walkies.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so down with the idea of papaya pudding. But I swear, if there is any danger of you turning into one of those doe-eyed raw food waifs who waft into my market stand to tell me how you "glow from the inside" and how "cooking destroys minerals", I will sit you down and force you to eat piping hot soup. PIPPING. And we'll listen to the minerals die from heat poisoning. Lol. Unscience rules.

jess said...

don't worry - after nikica talked about how he lived on a liquid diet for 10 years, i don't really have the urge to only eat cold soups for the rest of my life. in fact, during the workshop, i really just wanted to eat good ol' dead bread. the urge was prompted by him saying that grains are the worst thing for you to eat. i went home and had some bread. and it tasted good. i'm dying from the inside out.

Julia said...

i'm just so happy they gave props to the vita mix...

and i really want the carrot soup recipe. i'm gonna make it this week. and i'm gonna use canned coconut milk - will that kill my insides?

right now we're killing squash and tofu for dinner. yuuum

Lisa said...

Liquid? 10 years? Wha? I'm going to the bakery right now in protest and buying everything!

jenn said...

Did you hear that? It was my tummy rumbling! Mmmmm!